Muslim Dating Sites – Where to Go Online to Find
The two main sites which come to mind when thinking about Muslim dating are:
- Salaam Love which has a five star safety rating and claims to be the largest Muslim matrimonial site on the internet. This site offers two clear options – dating and matrimony and just dating;
- Muslima.com is another international matrimonial site and this is backed by the fact that the pages are available in Arabic |Dutch |French |German |Italian |Norwegian.
For those who wish to comply with the strict Muslim code of dating and courtship there are a number of steps that they need to follow. These include:
- the single person makes du’a (like an act of calling) for Allah to help him or her find the right person;
- then the family makes inquires and suggests potential mates from within their own friend groups;
- if all parties, including the young couple, agree the single man and woman have a chaperoned meeting;
- this is as a result of edicts such as ‘Not one of you should meet a woman alone unless she is accompanied by a relative (mahram)’; and
- ‘Whenever a man is alone with a woman, Satan is the third among them’;
- if the couple seem to be compatible then the families may decide to make further inquiries about the other party, to establish that they are of good character;
- before a final decision is made, the couple pray the salat-l-istikhara prayer and seek Allah’s help and guidance.
There are also Christian Muslim dating sites. These include:
Obviously, Muslim dating is more complex than Western-style dating but at stake is the same thing – the future happiness and compatibility of the couple.
So, now you have my thoughts. Watch the video and leave your comments below.