Midlife Crisis Symptoms
Are you heading for your midlife crisis? This happen earlier and more frequently than most people would imagine.
First off, take this point a midlife crisis does not necessarily happen midlife. It’s a misnomer (look it up). This crisis is often associated with self loathing rather than love, and deep reflection. It can strike at any time.
When you think of midlife, rightly you probably think 45+. But, this crisis seems to start earlier than that for a lot of people. Maybe it should be renamed? That might be why there is so much confusion?
Here are some signs that point to a crisis. Are you or your partner:
- wanting change for change sake
- starting to act impulsively, making irrational decisions about your marriage, your relationship, even your job
- questioning everything and wonder why you feel trapped
- experiencing a change in your sexual activity, be it frequency, starting an affair, ending an affair, questioning your own sexuality even
- having a sudden obsession with your appearance
- reminiscing about their youth and previous loves, way beyond the normal level of introspection and day-dreaming
- drinking more alcohol
Other Warning Signs of a Midlife Crisis Happening
- sleeping more, eating more, eating less, feeling tired all the time
- becoming fixated with your own mortality
- feeling bored with life
- questioning how you’ve lived your life and wondering if you’ve wasted your time
- feeling less confident about your abilities and what you have to offer your work, your partner, your family
- spending more time with younger people
- putting additional pressure on your children to excel in school or life, when deep down you know it is you that you’re referring to