How to Get What You Want in
In this video link, Marie Forleo (who I really love and admire) talks about how mental blocks, commitment and decision making. Scary words aren’t they? But Marie, with her upbeat, positive attitude really makes her 25000+ viewers believe that we can do anything.
Here’s an overview of what Marie is teaching. Sure, she might be aiming her talk more at business but where is the line between business and personal when we’re in business ourselves.
Marie concludes that:
- The two words CAN’T and WON’T are used interchangeably when they shouldn’t be. Don’t say can’t when really you mean won’t
- Can’t is a victim word; won’t is much more empowering
- We are 100% responsible for our results in our lives. If we are not getting the results we want then we need to do something different
- Once we take action on that decision the universe bends to support us
- The decision always comes FIRST: proof won’t show up until we make the decision and commit to it first
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.”
[William Hutchinson Murry]
Marie ends the video with a neat training exercise, which should work for just about anything you need in your life, from getting a compatible partner, to buying a house, to leaving your husband.
So, now you have my thoughts. Leave your comments below.