Achieve Just One Goal …
A Personal Development Exercise
Are you overwhelmed with what you feel you need to do, or should do or could do to get your life back on track?
Are you going in circles with your life? Are you dating and re-dating all wrong? Do you need to save your marriage or move on with your life?
Here is a smart, simple exercise that may just help you. Look on this as the first step of a long journey but with every step you take the road will be less circular and as the path becomes straighter you will start to see more possibilities, more options, more choices.
Just begin this exercise now.
- Take out a piece of paper. it is no good thinking this. You need to ground this exercise by making it real – by writing it down on paper
- Write down 10 things that you would like to achieve in the next 12 months
- Then ask yourself, if you could only achieve one of these goals which one would have the best, biggest, most inspiring impact on your life
The key is to make the list; go through the list and as you look at each of your 10 goals ask yourself, will this goal have more of an impact on my life that the one above. Keep re-ordering your goals until you have the goal that will have the most impact at the top of your list. Then:
- Write that goal at the top of a new page, along with the date it is to be achieved by
- Write down all the mini steps you need to do to achieve that goal
- Then, do one thing every day on your list that moves you closer to achieving you goal
There you have it. Your own blueprint for success. Success is a journey that moves you closer to your goal. Begin that journey today.
So, now you have my thoughts on achieving one goal …
Leave your comment below
Elsewhere on the Net