Take the 30 Day Challenge
Matt Cutts, Google and Gadget Guru recently did one of those 30 Day Challenges. In fact, he’s done a whole series of 30 day challenges over the years and in this video he reflects on what the challenges have meant to him.
He has found that 30 days is about right length of time to add or subtract a habit from our lives. You know the sort of thing:
- cycle to work
- get off the bus 2 stops earlier and walk
- stop smoking
- make a new friend
- begin dating again
- make a concerted effort to find love
- keep current love relationship alive
- try a new hobby
In doing these 30 day challenges, Matt Cutts learned:
- time became more memorable and there was a heightened sense of time passing, slowly
- his self confidence grew
- if you want something bad enough, you can do it – at least for 30 days
- small sustainable changes are more likely to stick.
What are You Waiting For?
What have you always wanted to try? Do it. It is only for 30 days and if you start small, you will see you just what you are capable of.
So, now you have my thoughts. Watch the video and leave your comments below.
Start with a small 30 Day Challenge and if you like the new you, set yourself a slightly harder, more ambitious 30 Day Challenge next. Baby steps – way to go.
Elsewhere on the Net