When Should You Meet the Parents? — powered by ehow
Tips for Meeting the Parents!!!
- Ladies – wear a turtle neck. If you can’t get your hands on a Nun’s costume best to cover up as much as possible
- Guys – wear a tie and a belt (and presumably a bit more in between too)
- Take a gift and if you are caught off guard, send a gift afterwards. Nice touch!
- Do background checks – no not for security reasons but to make sure you know what topics to avoid and which ones to pursue
At the First Meeting
- Be polite and helpful – common sense and good manners never go astray
- Know their political affiliations – is she serious? Is this an American thing perhaps? Best advice is not to talk about politics, s.e.x., the paranormal, religion or any other topic which tends to divide groups of people
- Let the parents do the talking. Be a good listener (this is good advice for life not just when meeting the parents)
So, now you have my thoughts. Watch the video and leave your comments below.
Elsewhere on the Net