LIKE THIS COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE VIDEO? SHARE IT NOW!
Communication in Marriage
To save your marriage or relationship get the communication right. If there are relationship or marriage problems confronting you, then chances are communication, or lack thereof is to blame.
Here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- state your desire – what do you want to have happen
- state your behavior – when I …….
- state how you feel – I feel ….. and
- state what you believe – I believe …….
- state what you want – I want you to ……
- finish with a direct question – are you willing to do this?
It’s important to void accusatory ‘you’ statements. Practice using ‘I’ statements.
Also, let your partner know that no matter what you say I will not get angry.
How can you get your partner to listen?
- watch your body language – don’t cross your arms, fidget, or roll your eyes
- use I statements about what you need and speak in a gentle tone
- actively listen and be seen to listen – lean forward towards your partner and look at them
- ask your partner not to walk out – to do so shows fear
Sounds easy? Watch the video. Give it a try. It might help your marriage.
So, now you have my thoughts. Watch the video and leave your comments below.
Elsewhere on the Net