Pick up your copy of my ebook Horoscope Compatibility for all the Zodiac Signs and discover how to find love in your star sign.
Horoscope Compatibility: The Stars and Love
Everything! The zodiac signs play a part in every aspect of life including dating tips, keeping love alive, settling down, even saving your marriage and staying committed. But to answer this question more fully we need to look at the ancient practices of Astrology and Numerology. They go hand in hand – and have done so for thousands of years.
So, hold onto your hat as we take a whistle stop tour of the galaxy.
What is Numerology?
Numerology is the study of numbers. It is based on the idea that numbers can reveal the future and even information that’s hidden in the present. One of the most common examples of numerology uses a person’s name and date of birth. Some take this form of divination very seriously; others regard it as a bit of a laugh and only pay attention to those answers they like – bit like life really 🙂 The point is, you can decide for yourself. Your choice!
What is Astrology?
It is an ancient system based on observations of the heavens. For thousands of years it was used as a portend to warn of impending gloom or disaster. Today, it is regarded by many as both an art and a mathematical science.
Speaking of Mathematics & Science
What Can You Do With Your Horoscope?
In modern times, the Zodiac is useful on many levels. It can be used:
- to show future tendencies rather than precise prophesies
- to highlight compatibilities and potential difficulties in relationships
- as a guide to everyday living
- to draw our attention to pending and passing influences, and
- generally, if understood and used wisely it can help us to make better choices in our lives.
Twelve Signs of the Zodiac and Horoscope Compatibility
Each sign of the zodiac is associated with an element, a planetary ruler, a symbol, and a quality and it is these qualities that determine horoscope compatibility:
- Aries [fire, Mars, Ram, cardinal]
- Taurus [earth, Venus, Bull, fixed]
- Gemini [air, Mercury, Twins, mutable]
- Cancer [water, Moon, Crab, cardinal]
- Leo [fire, Sun, Lion, fixed]
- Virgo [earth, Mercury, Virgin, mutable]
- Libra [air, Venus, Scales, cardinal]
- Scorpio [water, Pluto, Scorpion, fixed]
- Sagittarius [fire, Jupiter, Archer, mutable]
- Capricorn [earth, Saturn, Goat, cardinal]
- Aquarius [air, Uranus, Water Bearer, fixed]
- Pisces [water, Neptune, Fish, mutable]
What Does All this Mean?
The four elements align with the four elements in Nature, namely Each, Fire, Air and Water. In Astrology, these elements are reflected in the temperament of the person. As an example, people born under the Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius) are literally down-to-earth in their approach to life.
In addition to the four elements in Astrology there are also three influences that impact each Star Sign and these are referred to as Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable. The way a person approaches the various aspects of life is influences by one of these qualities. For example, the mutable signs (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces) are inclined to be flexible while those born with Cardinal Qualities (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) have the drive and focus to lead. The remaining quality, Fixed (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius) can materialize itself as a mix of persistence and stubbornness.
Other Star Sign Characteristics
Each of the 12 signs of the Zodiac also has traits and driving motivators that can be interesting to remember when regarding other people. By way of generalizations, these characteristics can be summarized as strongest virtues, traits to improve, and deepest desires.
- Aries [resilience, loyalty and daring; impatience; achieve recognition]
- Taurus [commitment and determination; stubbornness; to be respected]
- Gemini [creativity and curiosity; self doubt and fear; to be understood]
- Cancer [intuition and good heart; negative thinking and lack of focus; to be loved]
- Leo [bravery and loyalty; arrogance and vanity; to fulfill all dreams]
- Virgo [creativity and determination; low self esteem; to be perfect]
- Libra [charm and diplomacy; helplessness and lack of direction; romance plus]
- Scorpio [tenacity and loyalty; intolerance and rushed judgments; to live personal truth and not get caught doing it]
- Sagittarius [adventurous and positive; wilfulness; to do what you love]
- Capricorn [discipline and organizational skills; inability to forgive and let go of the past; enjoy every moment of life]
- Aquarius [artistic and reliable; self deprecation and fear of rejection; sharing with the right people]
- Pisces [intuition and adaptability; overly sensitive and self indulgent; meet true soul mate]
What About Horoscope Compatibility?
The best companions for each of the 12 Signs are listed below. This does need further examination, but for the time, it should give you an idea about which star sign to be on the lookout for.
- Aries [Leo and Sagittarius]
- Taurus [Virgo and Capricorn]
- Gemini [Libra and Aquarius]
- Cancer [Pisces and Scorpio]
- Leo [Aries and Sagittarius]
- Virgo [Capricorn and Taurus]
- Libra [Gemini and Aquarius]
- Scorpio [Pisces and Cancer]
- Sagittarius [Aries and Leo]
- Capricorn [Taurus and Virgo]
- Aquarius [Gemini and Libra]
- Pisces [Cancer and Scorpio]
I note that in this quick snapshot of astrological compatibility all signs are in equal demand. There may be nothing more in this, in which case each sign has two star signs with which it identifies closely.
However, think about it, do you find it easier to be compatible with some star signs? Are certain people easier to be around?
This idea is explored in greater detail on the blog pages.
You might like to check out a couple of these pages first:
- Dating Tips to Help You on Your Way
- How to Compatibility Test Your Relationship
- Marriage in Trouble? Learn How to Save Your Marriage Here
- In Love – How to Keep Love Alive